Jefferson County Hospital’s Medically Complex Transitional Care program, more commonly known as a “swing bed program” offers comprehensive short-term, post-acute rehabilitation services. Services include skilled nursing, physical therapy and other services that are traditionally provided in a hospital.
The goal of transitional care is for patients to focus on increasing independence and quality of life to seamlessly move from an acute hospitalization to the next level of care. Most commonly, patients who benefit from this type of care include:
- Cardiac – heart attack, open heart surgery, congestive heart failure
- Neurologic – stroke, Parkinson’s disease
- Orthopedic – total joint replacement, compound fractures, hip fracture, spinal surgery
- Pulmonary – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia
- Weakness after an extended hospitalization resulting in an inability to care for yourself at home
Looking For More Information?
To receive more information about the Skilled Nursing program please call 580-228-2344, ext 235 (JP Edgar) or ext. 237 (Heather Bryant).
To request admission to the Jefferson County Hospital Transitional Care Program please contact your provider.