Smart Recovery Group Therapy
The goal of SMART Recovery is for you to achieve a healthy, positive and balanced lifestyle so you can conquer new challenges when you feel confident your addictive behavior is behind you.
SMART Recovery uses tools based on scientifically tested methods for addiction recovery, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
SMART Recovery advocates choice, so that those seeking recovery can choose what works best for them from a “tool-box” of methods and strategies. Our goal is for you to achieve a healthy, positive and balanced lifestyle and to “move on” when you feel confident your addictive behavior is behind you.
1. Enhancing motivation;
2. Refusing to act on urges to use;
3. Managing life’s problems in a sensible and effective way without substances; and
4. Developing a positive, balanced, and healthy lifestyle
Example of tools:
1. Cost/Benefit Analysis (CBA) – helps to increase your motivation to abstain from your addictive behavior
2. Change Plan Worksheet – you will list your goals, how you will attain them, ways in which you will overcome obstacles and challenges
3. Role-Playing/Rehearsing – used mainly in group settings, you might rehearse how to avoid addictive behavior at a high-risk upcoming event.
WHAT CAN YOU DO NEXT?
Contact DRH Mental and Addiction Clinic at 580-251-6644