12 Tips for a Healthy Christmas
1. Balance those sweet treats with a healthy snack.
2. During this busy time, remember to give yourself time to rest both physically and mentally.
3. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water throughout your day.
4. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Stop the spread of germs!
5. Don’t starve yourself to make more room for the Christmas meal. This can backfire and lead to overeating! Have small snacks of fruit or yogurt to curb your appetite.
6. If you do happen to overindulge, don’t beat yourself up. Make sure your next meal is healthy and make an effort to include some form of exercise into your day.
7. Have you gotten your flu shot yet? It’s not too late! The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends everyone age six months and older get vaccinated.
8. Consume alcohol in moderation and balance out your drinks with water in between. Remember, don’t drink and drive.
9. Remember to make your plate “colorful”! Don’t ignore the fruits and vegetables.
10. Don’t shop hungry! Eat before you hit the mall, so you aren’t tempted by the scent of freshly popped caramel corn.
11. Make sure you get enough sleep. Our bodies need rest to replenish our energy and to stay healthy, so try to get to bed early some nights.
12. Remember, it is okay if everything isn’t perfect – enjoy the time with family and friends.