Duncan Regional Hospital offers a cardiac rehabilitation program that helps patients who have suffered from a heart attack, cardiac surgery or other heart condition, with the goal to transition the patient back to a normal, active life.
Who Benefits from Cardiac Rehab?
If you have experienced:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Coronary Artery Stenting and/or Angioplasty
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Stable Angina
- Heart or Heart/Lung Transplant
- Valve Repair or Replacement
What Can I Expect from Cardiac Rehabilitation?
- Exercise – An individualized, low-intensity aerobic exercise plan will be created for you starting at a low level which will gradually increase in intensity.
- Eating Properly – You will be educated on the importance of healthy eating habits, weight control and limiting fat and cholesterol intake.
- Education – Information will allow you to take a more active and responsible role in your own recovery. Education will cover controllable risk factors for heart disease, smoking cessation, stress management and medication management. Individual consultations with the dietician are available.
- Encouragement – Our staff is available to provide ongoing encouragement and emotional support, to answer questions and to discuss areas of concern.